Overview: choosing a journal
Many of the posts in this blog are about choosing a journal and the factors you might consider. Here are links to all the relevant posts relevant to this so far.
- Choosing a journal I: getting your paper published quickly
- Choosing a journal II: getting your paper noticed
- Choosing a journal III: practicalities
- Choosing a journal IV: peer review procedure
- Choosing a journal V: impact factor
- Journals that charge authors (and not for open access publication)
- Journal submission fees: why are they so rare?
- A comparison of open access publication charges (includes a spreadsheet comparing author processing charges for 209 journals)
- Journal metrics (includes a spreadsheet comparing metrics for 97 journals)
- Acceptance to publication time
- Submission to first decision time
I will keep this page updated as I add new posts. Why not bookmark it and check for changes regularly?
* * * *
If you would like tailored advice on choosing a journal for your particular paper(s), I can offer scientific publishing consultancy. I also offer manuscript assessment, substantive editing, editing and proofreading and formatting to particular journal styles for manuscripts in biology and medicine. Contact me for more information.